R: Re: R: post-processing in RTKLib

checco68
Hy all

 attahced the config file My task is to obtain the fix using Ublox lea6t and correction provided by Ntrip (Base station)

I receive always the timeout message so it seems no message from base station in received from rtklib

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Francesco

config_ntrip.conf (6K) Download Attachment

Re: R: Re: R: post-processing in RTKLib

DavidKelley@ITSware.net

Francesco:
Your connection path seems to be incomplete.  What is the mount point you expect to use?  See the line "inpstr2-path" in you config file.  [Said more plainly, what/where is the base station you seek to connect to?]

The stock reply from an NTRIP caster when you send it an incomplete or incorrect specification (in your case no mount point) is to return the current caster table (the table of mount point) and disconnect you.  If you use the 'map' button with the NTRIP browser you can see the North Eastern region of Italy your caster supports, pick one of these (typical the closest) to use.

I presume you have valid credentials on that caster as well.  I just tried what is in your file (please beware that is a security leak to others) with the mountPt "Padova3" and it did not work for me.  If you do not have access rights to a closed, the caster will it reply with '401 unauthorized' and the RTKLIB tool will mindlessly retry every 10 seconds or so forever.

Good luck, David Kelley

On 4/25/2015 8:36 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Hy all

 attahced the config file My task is to obtain the fix using Ublox lea6t and correction provided by Ntrip (Base station)

I receive always the timeout message so it seems no message from base station in received from rtklib

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Francesco

Re: R: Re: R: post-processing in RTKLib

checco68
Hy David
The account provided by http://147.162.229.63/Web/index.php allows me to use this mountpoint (MAX3, IMAX2 e NRT3) but with this mountpoint I receive the timeout error message

PS the distance between my location and the  base staion is about 7 km

Francesco

Re: R: Re: R: post-processing in RTKLib

checco68
Dear All
 I am able to collect fix position using the rtk+ on android but if I use the same settings in the rtklib (windows) the NTRIP connection doesn't work so maybe there is some bug int rtklib ?

Francesco

Re: R: Re: R: post-processing in RTKLib

DavidKelley@ITSware.net

Francesco:
So my current assumption on this (because I can not read Italian on that web site) is that the MAX3 mount point is in fact virtual.  In other words you need to give it your rovers gross location and then it will select (or create form a mesh networks) what corrections stream to send to you. In the absence of that, it waits for the position that never comes, then after 10 seconds RTKLIB, seeing no reply data its times out.  That seems to fit all the facts here

The HTTP package you send will have this data added at the end and look something like this:
GET /mountPt HTTP/1.1

Host: theURL

Ntrip-Version: Ntrip/2.0

Connection: close

Authorization: Basic YourUserIDPW

Ntrip-GGA: $GPGGA,150108,3807.38000,N,08430.00000,W,1,,,200.00,M,0.0,M,,*79

And at 7km with an L1 uBlox you will likely see it become fixed (if you are stationary with a good ant) in under 10 minutes much of the time, but as they say, your mileage may vary.

Regards,  David Kelley

On 4/28/2015 12:28 AM, checco68 wrote:
Hy David
The account provided by http://147.162.229.63/Web/index.php allows me to use
this mountpoint (MAX3, IMAX2 e NRT3) but with this mountpoint I receive the
timeout error message

PS the distance between my location and the  base staion is about 7 km

Francesco

Re: R: Re: R: post-processing in RTKLib (solved)

DavidKelley@ITSware.net
Francesco
I looked at the manual one more time. Duh.   See page 13, point 12.  There is it right in front of me in the dialog to setup the input stream (see figure 3.2-3). Mid screen are the words "Transmit NMEA GPGAA to Base Station" Select the drop down item "Latitude/Longitude" and enter your gross position (try to get with 5km or so) and it will work.   I just used 34.13  -117.83 as that was the value in the caster table for Padova3, use LL near to your own work.   Try that and you should be fine.

Seems to work in RTKLIB fine now once I changed the above settings.  But before I found the that input line, earlier today I tried the log-on on credentials you supplied with our in house tools, with Alberdin InspectRTCM, with Lefebure NTRIP Caster.  Each of these also worked fine and sent back good data.   Did not get to try it with RtkGPS on an Android tablet but as I see on my phone where the developer has moved the RTKLIB widget to enter data to sent the user position when it connects to the remote stream, it should work just as you have noted it worked for you.

Regards,   David Kelley

On 4/28/2015 8:29 AM, checco68 wrote:
Dear All
 I am able to collect fix position using the rtk+ on android but if I use
the same settings in the rtklib (windows) the NTRIP connection doesn't work
so maybe there is some bug int rtklib ?

Francesco
And