Online NTRIP caster

ivial98
Hi, all

i'd like to introduce my hobby project. Youcors.com is online NTRIP caster. Basically it have two features:

- You can create a mountpoint and connect a base to it.
- And you can a create client and connect a rover.

There are three caster running now at Amsterdam, Singapore and New York.
Any feedback especially bug reports are welcome.

Best regards, Ilya Vyalkov

Re: Online NTRIP caster

wittend

Any more information?  Is this complicated to implement? Who can make use of these?  I'm curious.

Dave

Re: Online NTRIP caster

cristian paul peñaranda rojas
It's not really that complicated, same people wrote RTCM standard actually provides a C implementation of that. Do you happen to need RTK on you project?

Cristian Paul

> El 5/04/2017, a las 14:30, David Witten <[hidden email]> escribió:
>

> Any more information?  Is this complicated to implement? Who can make use of these?  I'm curious.
>
> Dave

Re: Online NTRIP caster

DavidKelley@ITSware.net
Ilya:
That look rather interesting,  and I like the overall GUI look. Just saw
it this morning, and I for one and glad to see more of these sort of
open Caster efforts popping up.

If you want, we can test it a bit with various streams from the RTK2go
or the use-snip.com casters from our servers here, but please send me a
private note if we overwhelm it.  I was only able to glance at the site
a short while today (we are about to release the Ubuntu flavor of our
Caster so office is nuts) but very much look forward to tinkering with
it further.

Regards, David Kelley  (SNIP product manager)

On 4/4/2017 6:30 PM, ivial98 wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> i'd like to introduce my hobby project. Youcors.com is online NTRIP caster.
> Basically it have two features:
>
> - You can create a mountpoint and connect a base to it.
> - And you can a create client and connect a rover.
>
> There are three caster running now at Amsterdam, Singapore and New York.
> Any feedback especially bug reports are welcome.
>
> Best regards, Ilya Vyalkov

Re: Online NTRIP caster

ivial98
Hi Dave

Youcors is software as a service project. It's like Lefebure NTRIP caster which running somewhere in internet. So you do not need to keep running your PC with a caster software, no need to config your router to provide access to this PC from internet, no need of static ip address or some kind of dynamic DNS.

You just create a new mountpoint at Youcors and send data from your base receiver. Youcors have support of private mounpoints, so no one except you can access your data. But i hope that most mountpoints will be public and free RTK data became more available.

Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

ivial98
Hi, David

I'm huge fan of SNIP, you are create great piece of software.

Your help with testing will be very important for me. My testing capabilities are limited by luck of available RTK streams.

Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

antongstrydom
Good llya

I have 3 permanent CORS systems in Namibia and we are going to expand the system.
Due to the lack of a CORS system in Namibia we have built our own NTRIP Castors
All 3 are Dual frequency units transmitting RTCM3
Could we connect them to YOUCORS
Are you going to do VRS on YOUCORS?

Thank you

Regards

Anton

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:30 AM, ivial98 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, all

i'd like to introduce my hobby project. Youcors.com is online NTRIP caster.
Basically it have two features:

- You can create a mountpoint and connect a base to it.
- And you can a create client and connect a rover.

There are three caster running now at Amsterdam, Singapore and New York.
Any feedback especially bug reports are welcome.

Best regards, Ilya Vyalkov

Re: Online NTRIP caster

Stéphane Péneau
Hi Ilya,

Is this project open source ?

Stf

Le 06/04/2017 à 03:34, ivial98 a écrit :

> Hi Dave
>
> Youcors is software as a service project. It's like Lefebure NTRIP caster
> which running somewhere in internet. So you do not need to keep running your
> PC with a caster software, no need to config your router to provide access
> to this PC from internet, no need of static ip address or some kind of
> dynamic DNS.
>
> You just create a new mountpoint at Youcors and send data from your base
> receiver. Youcors have support of private mounpoints, so no one except you
> can access your data. But i hope that most mountpoints will be public and
> free RTK data became more available.
>
> Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

DavidKelley@ITSware.net

Ilya

I have now successfully connected up three streams from my own development PC this morning running a SNIP Caster in its PUSH-Out mode  (Hemisphere, uBlox, and Trimble devices running RTCM3, RTCM2 and uBlox proprietary formats)

Here are the entries from your caster table at  http://95.85.53.176:2101/
STR;SCSCtest;LosA, Calif;RTCM 3.0;;2;GPS + GLO;SNIP;AFG;34.13;-117.83;0;0;simpleNTRIP;none;B;N;0;connectionTesting;
STR;uBlox6;;RTCM 2.0;;1;GPS;SNIP;AFG;34.13;-117.83;0;0;sNTRIP;none;B;N;0;raw ublox 6 data stream;
STR;rtcm2tests;;;;0;;;AFG;0.00;0.00;0;0;;;B;N;0;;
If it helps, I can get these cross posted at the RTK2go.com site as well (or any others as you may need them), but I see you have the ASZU site which is also cross posted there.  FYI, there is nothing special about the ASZU site, it just happens to be close to our local offices AND is carried by several major NTRIP networks, AND the cold start behavior of the SNIP software links to it from our open caster at ntrip.use-snip.com - as a result people see it alot.  It makes a good base station site for comparing the milliseconds delay observed with multiple remote-relay uses.

In using the youcors.com tool...
So far only confusion I had was that of a new user, will keep these up for a day or two but the links will go up and down as I keep tinkering with code tinkering at this end.  Will leave it up overnight  (US time zone).  I will load up some clients to read that data and validate end to end checking overnight starting tonight.

A few initial observations:
  1. Allow "-" and "_" in the mountPt names and be aware that many deployments will want more then 10 chars, (I think the std allows 32)
  2. Why does the creation of a mountPt reservation (my own term) required a "user" to be entered and how is this used?
  3. Carefully consider what to do when more than one party want the same mountPt name
  4. Take a good look at the Caster that GEO++ offers, unlike our SNIP tool or most other Casters, then have rather a nice web GUI.
  5. Consider allowing "Private" mountPt to also be "hidden"
  6. Please consider adding addition format style,  a lot of cost sensitive folks want things like uBlox binary and not just RTCM flavors.  You might use the same list you see in this table (as there is not any official RTCM set of phrases) https://www.use-snip.com/kb/knowledge-base/supported-caster-data-formats/
  7. I do not understand how to edit a mountPt reservation once it is created, it takes the user back the creation pages when I would have expect to fill in or edit the caster table entry details again.
  8. I like the way the Google map shows a "3" for the test cases where all three have the same Lat-Lon in the Caster table entry.  I understand you are stuck with that unless you parse the actual RTCM (a major effort), but the visual detail good good to me.
I have not had a moment to try the client side of this.
Everything I have sent into it was at 1H (and seems to work fine), may try other rates soon as well.
Regards,  David Kelley

On 4/5/2017 7:00 PM, ivial98 wrote:
Hi, David

I'm huge fan of SNIP, you are create great piece of software.

Your help with testing will be very important for me. My testing
capabilities are limited by luck of available RTK streams.

Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

ivial98
Hi Nilocb,

Thank you for your feedback. If there are features that you miss at YouCORS, please let me know. I will add it to development plan.

Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

ivial98
This post was updated on .
Hi Anton,

Thank you for your reply. You definitely can connect your base station to YouCORS. If you have any difficulties, please contact with me by email or skype. My skype name is 'paypost'.

VRS is much more difficult thing that caster. May be l'll hire developer to realise this feature, if/when YouCORS grow up bigger than one man show.

Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

ivial98
Hi Stéphane

Thank you for your reply. No, YouCORS is a good old days proprietary software. I have few request to make it open source, but i don't see reasons to do it for overall project. May be some day I'll realise caster functionality as a separate open source project with API for custom frontend.

Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

ivial98
Hi, David

Thank you for reply. Your feedback is incredibly important for me.

// Allow "-" and "_" in the mountPt names and be aware that many deployments will want more then 10 chars, (I think the std allows 32).

I will fix it at next version.

// Why does the creation of a mountPt reservation (my own term) required a "user" to be entered and how is this used?

Ntrip2.0 standart require username for server connections. It can be blank for NTRIP1 servers. I will add this info to a field description.

// Carefully consider what to do when more than one party want the same mountPt name
Caster should refuse connection from a server with same name. Also YouCORS refuse client connection with same name.
It's a tricky part, what to do if second connection came to different caster (YouCORS support multiple casters with same database). I did not decide how to handle this case.

// Take a good look at the Caster that GEO++ offers, unlike our SNIP tool or most other Casters, then have rather a nice web GUI.

Thanks. I will look. In this context i have a question about SNIP. Why are you use native UI for windows and linux? It's much more simple to create one web UI for all platforms, and it will be more convenient for user. If you separate UI and caster as daemon, SNIP could run on a cloud platforms like MS Azure and Google App engine.

// Consider allowing "Private" mountPt to also be "hidden"

Great point.

// Please consider adding addition format style,  a lot of cost sensitive folks want things like uBlox binary and not just RTCM flavors.  You might use the same list you see in this table (as there is not any official RTCM set of phrases) https://www.use-snip.com/kb/knowledge-base/supported-caster-data-formats/

I will fix it at next version.

// I do not understand how to edit a mountPt reservation once it is created, it takes the user back the creation pages when I would have expect to fill in or edit the caster table entry details again.

There is separate page to edit mountpoint description. Mountpoints -> Show -> Description -> Edit.

// Everything I have sent into it was at 1H (and seems to work fine), may try other rates soon as well.

I have one user with Javad Triumph receiver which work at 100Hz, but i don't have feedback from him yet. When it broadcast data CPU usage rise by 2%, but the average is still pretty low on 1 CPU digital ocean droplet.

Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

antongstrydom
Good day IIya

I will be in Namibia in 2 weeks time. I will connect them from there.

Regards

Anton

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 4:07 AM, ivial98 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anton,

Thank you for your replay. You definitely can connect your base station to
YouCORS. If you have any difficulties, please contact with me by email or
skype. My skype name is 'paypost'.

VRS is much more difficult thing that caster. May be l'll hire developer to
realise this feature, if/when YouCORS grow up bigger than one man show.

Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

gto234
Hi nilocb,
Can you explain how you forwarded the RTCM message to the caster with rtkgps+?
I try to do it with Lefebure ntrip caster but i get a message in rtkgps+ that says invalid mountpoint although the mountpoint is correct.
I send you also email in case you didn't see this message.

Re: Online NTRIP caster

ivial98
Hello everybody
A new feature was added to YouCORS yesterday. Now the mountpoint owner can set the price for his public stream and charge a fee for usage. The price can be at range from 0 to 10 USD per hour.

The user needs to recharge his balance to use paid streams. The fee will be charged from the user's balance per second and transferred to the balance of the mountpoint owner. YouCORS will charge a 25% commission on the revenue of the mountpoint owner.

When the balance of mountpoint owner exceeds $30, he will be able to transfer this money to his PayPal account.

Best regards, Ilya

Re: Online NTRIP caster

dskumher
I have a query regarding using youcors caster.My GNSS receiver acting as base
does not have software to configure it as a NTRIP server.How can I
send/upload the base serial correction stream to the youcors caster ? The
youcors software itself does not have any provision to connect to NTRIP
server serial stream, as I think.Can anybody please advise ?

--
Sent from: http://open-source-gps-related-discussion-and-support.1099874.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Online NTRIP caster

ivial98
Hi

The only way is to use external NTRIP server for now. You can connect your
receiver with PC via serial port and send data to YouCORS by RTKLIB or
GNSSSurfer.

YouCORS 2.0 will be released in early 2019 and it will have the support of
direct incoming TCP connections.

Ilya

--
Sent from: http://open-source-gps-related-discussion-and-support.1099874.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Online NTRIP caster

DavidKelley@ITSware.net
Sounds like your older GNSS has a serial port but no NTRIP Server built in.
Do you have a spare PC you can use? As Ilya states, use one of the free
tools such as RTKLIB on a PC for this. (A free copy of SNIP NTRIP Caster is
very good for this as well, there are hundreds of professional Caster
networks that use secondary copies of SNIP to connect such older machines).
If you will use the RTKLIB (in fact the *StrSrv* tool), suggest you download
the newest 'b30' release from RTLexplorer,
http://rtkexplorer.com/downloads/rtklib-code/  He has implemented an
improvement that makes sure the GNSS is in fact sending data before
connections occur.  That is a minor bug that RTKLIB code has had for a long
time.  You can find connection setup details on the RTKLIB site, the SNIP
/KB site, or in the manual to connect to any NTRIP Caster you need.

--
Sent from: http://open-source-gps-related-discussion-and-support.1099874.n2.nabble.com/