Fwd: App to convert Android N raw GNSS data to RTCM

Fwd: App to convert Android N raw GNSS data to RTCM

Felipe G. Nievinski
RTCM Converter: which aims at converting the smartphone GNSS raw measurements to RTCM (message type 1077) and send them to a caster, for use by a third party software:

Re: Fwd: App to convert Android N raw GNSS data to RTCM

DavidKelley@ITSware.net

Felipe:  This is most interesting.

I myself don't have a phone with a suitable OS yet (Android N (Nougat)), but I do have lots of NTRIP Casters.  Been waiting to see what sort of observational data we can expect ever since the announcement came out last year.  Want to see how we can tune filters for what I expect will be very "jittery" data for really quick RTK fixes when the "good" data occurs.

If anyone on the list needs a caster to send data to, please drop me a note and we will get you an account on a public NTRIP Caster to send your data out to others with.

Regards, David Kelley

On 4/24/2017 8:56 PM, Felipe G. Nievinski wrote:
RTCM Converter: which aims at converting the smartphone GNSS raw measurements to RTCM (message type 1077) and send them to a caster, for use by a third party software:

Re: Fwd: App to convert Android N raw GNSS data to RTCM

DavidKelley@ITSware.net

Felipe and others,
I got a private follow up message to this post so I take the liberty of
replying to others.  The _reason_ for sending your cell phones
corrections to a Caster (SNIP or any other one) is so that you can grab
the raw data with a tool like RTKLIB (rtklib.org) and process it with
RTK/PPP type methods to get sub meter accuracy. To do that you need an
NTRIP Caster, and  once your phones data reaches such a caster it it
then easy to connect RTKLIB to it and process the data further.  Sorry
to belabor the obvious.   DCK

On 4/26/2017 3:57 PM, David Kelley wrote:

> Felipe:  This is most interesting.
>
> I myself don't have a phone with a suitable OS yet (Android N
> (Nougat)), but I do have lots of NTRIP Casters.  Been waiting to see
> what sort of observational data we can expect ever since the
> announcement came out last year.  Want to see how we can tune filters
> for what I expect will be very "jittery" data for really quick RTK
> fixes when the "good" data occurs.
>
> If anyone on the list needs a caster to send data to, please drop me a
> note and we will get you an account on a public NTRIP Caster to send
> your data out to others with.
>
> Regards, David Kelley
>

> On 4/24/2017 8:56 PM, Felipe G. Nievinski wrote:
>> RTCM Converter: which aims at converting the smartphone GNSS raw
>> measurements to RTCM (message type 1077) and send them to a caster,
>> for use by a third party software:
>> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jocs.fr.gnss_tortcm>

Re: Fwd: App to convert Android N raw GNSS data to RTCM

ivial98
Awesome. Its time to buy a new phone.