Baseline

mazahirp
Hi All,

What is baseline and why is it necessary?

Please answer.

Cheers,
Max

Re: Baseline

antongstrydom
Hi Max

The base line is simply the distance between the base and rover

Especially if you use L1, the longer the base line the less accurate the solution

Normally you would be restricted to about 10 km depending on how you communicate between the rover and base

Trust the above answers your question

Anton

Re: Baseline

mazahirp

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.
Then why is it said that RTK baseline needs to be initialized? Can't we just start capturing raw at both the base and rover and calculate the position?

Cheers,
Max